Have a bit of fun and get an new insightful perspective with Ten Commandments for Business Failure by Donald R. Keough lessons.
- Quit Taking Risks (be up for challenge and discontent with the status quo)
- Be Inflexible (don’t be dismissively stubborn)
- Isolate Yourself (talk to variety of people, but take time to think - see below)
- Assume Infallibility (admit problems and look for them)
- Play the Game Close to the Foul Line (do the right thing with a big margin)
- Don’t Take Time to Think (dedicate time to distraction free thinking)
- Put All Your Faith in Experts and Outside Consultants (focus on fundamentals over hype)
- Love Your Bureaucracy (red tape to the minimum)
- Send Mixed Messages (communicate simply and clearly - objectives, marketing)
- Be Afraid of the Future (avoid pessimism)
- Lose Your Passion for Work - for Life (connect emotionally with customers, employees, dreams)
Yes, there are 11 of them, I was surprised as well :).